Associate, Barrister & Solicitor (Alberta)
Caitlin joined Knight LLP’s Calgary office as an associate in August 2016, following the completion of her articles with the Calgary municipal government’s legal department. Caitlin has appeared as counsel in the Provincial Court of Alberta and the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench, as well as before various administrative tribunals and in various forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Caitlin’s clients include individuals from all walks of life as well as established corporations and start-up enterprises. Caitlin’s practice includes all areas of civil and commercial litigation, but focuses primarily on construction disputes, builders’ lien claims, commercial contract disputes and complex corporate litigation. She also has experience with property disputes, including patent-latent defect claims, personal injury claims, insurance defence, seeking injunctive relief, including Mareva injunctions, debt enforcement and class action lawsuits.
Caitlin is currently a member of the Law Society of Alberta, the Canadian Bar Association (Alberta South), the Calgary Bar Association and the Calgary chapter of the Association of Women Lawyers.
- Dalhousie University (J.D., 2015)
- St. Francis Xavier University (B.A. Honours, 2012)
Awards and Recognition:
- City of Calgary Internal Stars of Excellence Award, 2016
- Jessup International Law Moot, Canada Rounds, 1st Place Applicant Memorial (Dalhousie University), 2015
- R. Graham Murray Award for the Highest Standing in the Law of Evidence (Dalhousie University), 2014
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +1 888-486-3471
Direct: +1 403-585-3400
Fax: +1 888-980-8617